20 years ago, our visionary founder, Louis de Waal co-established BEN with the aim of empowering communities and individuals through the bike and cycling. Two decades on, BEN continues to thrive and make an impact in communities by creating social and economic opportunities through cycling and bicycles.
Some of BEN’s achievements over the past 20 years are:
- Over 31 000 used bicycles distributed into areas of need
- Over 2500 new bicycles distributed through our Bike4All programme
- 18 Bicycle Empowerment Centers Established (BECs)
- Over 100 community bicycle mechanics trained
- Over 11 000 learners trained in safe cycling
To showcase these achievements, BEN will be hosting several celebration events over the coming month. STAY TUNED…